Icewolf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
• Black Lions
• Junior Officer

Teamwork

Postby Icewolf » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:22 am

I see great progress after this one recent squad match:
Score was 60 to 53 - lost, but communication within the team was good. This is sort of a game which I like the most since there is enough room and time to communicate.
I encourage you guys to choose big levels - this gives you more time to work out the teamwork.
Team games are different than regular anarchy as you know. The Rangers are used to 'hold fire button all the time' type levels, which are ok for anarchy but there is very little room for tactics and teamwork learning.
Start from big, then you can progress to smaller - this is my idea of teamwork training. In time you will learn your teammate moves which leads to the point where you can communicate without words because you know what idea your teammate has.
Good Game
I hope we can get more team games in near future.
Pigmy and Dravis - I can see that your teamwork is improving - so here is the deal.
We are getting new members - whenever you , we are online it would be good to make some teamwork training with them, it doesn't have to be actual game (since none of you can host 1), giving some advice or talk about is also part of it. Even 3 people is quite enough to make it happen as an actual game training (1 vs 2) where team of 2 is the one with trained person.
Main goal is to create squadron which consists players familiar with teamplay, where every each of us knows the style of the other with some good level of teamwork. I see a huge potential right there, individual skill comes independently.
I guess I don't need to give you more details here as you probably know the rest.
Hawkins
Not Active
• Black Lions
Location: /Universe/Milky-way/Sol/Earth/Europe/Greece/Athens/~

Re: Teamwork

Postby Hawkins » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:03 am

Addendum: one critical principle I have learned through my lousy descent performance the past few years (see reference above :P) is that experimenting new solutions is always better to brute-striving for the win.

First of all it relieves you of an unnecessary anxiety, saving your hard focus on important (tourney for example) games, while (the most important factor) it allows for a very fast, and wide exploratory learning curve. Do not neglect your goal in the game however, what is being said here is not to be afraid to try a new idea WHEN said idea arises in-game. If you quench your ideas everytime, trying to go the "saferoad" of the recipes you know well, you will become better at those techniques, yes. But that's the end of it. Otherwise you can greatly expand your piloting profile, by being creative. That may cost some games, but, besides it being a game after all, you also win in the long run (lose a battle, win the war).

Piloting itself can have a variety ideas to be pooled, also depending on the level design, however, the very large pool of ideas lies in... (yes, on-topic) TEAMWORK. This is where pilots often think of a new idea, a master plan to outwit a stronger team, and see it failing before their eyes in the next few kills. What's usual to do after that is to adjust, but most often we adjust the easy and bad-narrow way: we revert to well-established recipes, to which our opponents are also good at by the way, and end up loosing the game by little difference instead of a big one. Big deal... Most importantly, nothing was gained as knowledge. So in my humble opinion, teams must not be afraid to try new ideas in each game, and develop/adjust it on the way, to see it through fully and comprehend whether this or that works. That will develop our teamwork constructively, at the cost of some extra loses.

So black lions...
PREPARE FOR... PLAYTIME ;)
My god, it's full of stars. ~
Live and explore...
Bonds are as bonded as the bonded...
There is only one way out of deep ****...
Another definition for laziness is: placebo resting!
Trust is laziness. Mistrust is obsession.
PigmyRhino
Major
Major
• Blue Lightning
• Event Manager
• Junior Officer
• News Manager

Postby PigmyRhino » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:22 pm

I liked that game incredibly. We played like a well oiled machine, even if it was a loss, that was the best I've seen the 3 of us play. :) Teamwork is definitely the best thing to promote here within the rangers, I'm gonna push for team games anytime i can
Descent Rangers Reign Supreme

Past:
Red Dragons Applicant, Associate, Cadet, Ranger, Ensign, Corporal
Black Lions 2nd Lieutenant, 1st Lieutenant, Major, Captain

Current:
Blue Lightning Lt. Commander

RIP S.H. (10/1/1986-3/3/2014)
Icewolf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
• Black Lions
• Junior Officer

Postby Icewolf » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:38 pm

Here it is another one:
Teamwork was quite good but could be better - Dravis was muted.
Yet we got only 1 teamkill which gave us victory - very hard one I must admit.
JinX
Not Active
• Blue Lightning

Postby JinX » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:14 pm

I like the idea of more team practice. However, as is the case with blue squad, there's few players on consistently. Most of the time there's activity from people that are on and off here and there. It's hard to get any actual consistent training going on. What I would like to see is dedicated teams of 2 or 3 (regardless of squads) that practice together and play eachother. If we can get these teams within the squads themselves that would be even better, but it's going to be hard to manage.
Icewolf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
• Black Lions
• Junior Officer

Postby Icewolf » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:53 am

Well it does improve along with numbers of active players any artificial attempt to speed up the process would be hard I guess, and as usual scheduling is the main issue.
PigmyRhino
Major
Major
• Blue Lightning
• Event Manager
• Junior Officer
• News Manager

Postby PigmyRhino » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:02 pm

another Team win for the Black Lions.

This time against the Red Dragons, and it was so close too!

60-58

https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/19/s ... 9at957.png

Past:

Current:

Sirius
Captain
Captain
• Event Manager
• Game Manager
• Gold Phoenix Guard
• News Manager
• Senior Officer

Postby Sirius » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Sum of Black team's kills: 82
Actual Black team score: 60
Wouldn't have been close if you stopped shooting each other :mrgreen:
PigmyRhino
Major
Major
• Blue Lightning
• Event Manager
• Junior Officer
• News Manager

Postby PigmyRhino » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:01 am

lol, Yeah, the team killing got really bad in that one. To the point of Dravis calling a timeout to rework a strategy....

...even then, we still killed each other far too often :lol: :lol:

Past:

Current:

Icewolf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
• Black Lions
• Junior Officer

Postby Icewolf » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:02 pm

I'm curious, could you write more about this game? I would like to see some thoughts about here from you (Pigmy) and Dravis. Whatever you were trying out to make it work, some insights.

ps. I guess I suspect some but writing it down would speed up learning process, brings more realisation of some instincts.

Return to “Black Lions”