About the Rangers and Descent.
=-WRaiTH-=
Ranger
Ranger
• Black Lions

Got a MUMBLE problem...

Postby =-WRaiTH-= » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Hey guys,

I missed the very last event of 2018 and I'm a sad panda.

My PC crashed like no other. I lost things like over 6 years worth of family pictures and videos. Even my external backup hard drive hates me.

Anyways, I'm trying to get back on MUMBLE but I'm pretty sure all data concerning this guy named "WRaiTH" needs to be wiped from the server. I have a new certificate (Because I'm too stupid to generate the old certificate--being my hard drive crashed & all) and so far I keep getting rejected from the Rangers MUMBLE server.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope...

What must I do to get back on MUMBLE?

Your wanker gamer brother,

=-WRaiTH-=
Ryusei117
Captain
Captain
• Blue Lightning
• Event Manager
• Game Manager
• News Manager
• Senior Officer

Re: Got a MUMBLE problem...

Postby Ryusei117 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:15 am

Yikes, that's some pretty horrible luck ... :? I've unregistered you from the Mumble server, so you should be able to connect again!

In case your certificate is ever lost again, here's a workaround that would allow you to connect to Mumble anyway. If you're registered on the server, the server won't let anyone connect with your user name unless they have your certificate. This makes it harder for a malicious user to impersonate you, but it's also what locks you out if you lose your certificate. If, however, you change your user name in Mumble (on the "Mumble Server Connect" window, select the Descent Rangers server, and click "Edit"), the server will think you're a new user, and it will allow you to connect. An admin can then unregister you so you can change your name back.
=-WRaiTH-=
Ranger
Ranger
• Black Lions

Re: Got a MUMBLE problem...

Postby =-WRaiTH-= » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:30 pm

Thanks!

I think it's up and working now.

Return to “General Discussion”