Hi, everyone! I'm new :)

About the Rangers and Descent.
CoconutCake
Ranger
Ranger
• Red Dragons

Hi, everyone! I'm new :)

Postby CoconutCake » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:25 am

My name is "CoconutCake" or you can call me Samuel.

I was introduced to Descent when I was a young child and fell in love with it. As technology boomed in the early 2000's I was stripped from this masterpiece and my old os Macintosh was thrown out. Long story short I've been wanting to play this game for ages.

I was so excited when I found Descent on GOG and Rebirth soon after.
I was also stunned when stumbling on this community of Descent enthusiasts and that these loyal fans still exist.

I am really looking forward to meeting you guys and battling it off in the mines.
I think I will need some help in getting started as I have no idea what I am doing, I live in Australia so I don't know how different our time zones are but I don't mind staying up late if need be.

What I have done so far:

- I have got D1 & D2 rebirth both up and running.
- Downloaded Mumble. -Do I join the channel at anytime?

Let me know what the next step is :)

I look forward to hearing your response,
Cheers,
Samuel
Icewolf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
• Black Lions
• Junior Officer

Re: Hi, everyone! I'm new :)

Postby Icewolf » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:16 am

Hello and welcome!

Feel free to join us on mumble any time, here is the server address: mumble://mumble.descentrangers.com:31393?version=1.2.4
Since you applied to the Rangers please get familiar with our rules (at least with New Members marked topics): http://www.descentrangers.com/Rules
If you are interested in rangers gaming probably best place to hang out is Waiting for Descent -> Rangers mumble subchannel.
As for timezones, great majority of the Rangers is from N.America (US, Canada), so evenings of their time is best time to find someone to play, during weekends this time bracket may be more flexible - easier to find players online.

You should also get Descent Retro mod (binary files for both D1 and D2, 1.3 and 1.4 versions) since this is mostly played now.
http://www.descentrangers.com/WebConten ... =Downloads
It is good thing to also download Ranger Mission Packs - these are levels we play very often. The packs can be found on our Downloads page (link above).
CoconutCake
Ranger
Ranger
• Red Dragons

Postby CoconutCake » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:00 am

Awesome can't wait.

I just need to buy a new pair of gaming headphones that has a mic and I'll be ready to go. :) (Old pair broke a couple of days ago).
I Should be on tomorrow sometime.

Ill see you on mumble.

Cheer.
Maestro
Captain
Captain
• Black Lions
• Event Manager
• Game Manager
• News Manager
• Senior Officer

Postby Maestro » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:32 am

Hey man, how's it going? Welcome to the Rangers! Feel free to grab me for a game anytime I'm on mumble even if I'm hanging around in the Lounge or Building/Coding/Mapping mumble lobbies.
"You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long" - Boris Yeltsin
CoconutCake
Ranger
Ranger
• Red Dragons

Postby CoconutCake » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:01 am

Just went on mumble: 25/10/2016 1:00am australian time, i dont think anyone is on.
(haha i thought staying up late might help)
Ill try in the afternoon, Im going to need alot of help getting started , i dont know how to do anything, just need to hear a voice.
Maestro
Captain
Captain
• Black Lions
• Event Manager
• Game Manager
• News Manager
• Senior Officer

Postby Maestro » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:39 am

Yeah evenings in Eastern Standard time are probably best, I think that corresponds to your early afternoon.
"You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long" - Boris Yeltsin
CoconutCake
Ranger
Ranger
• Red Dragons

Postby CoconutCake » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:22 am

Got to know some of the guys, which was awesome.

Whoskyd got me up and running with everything which was awesome and played my first coop game which was grouse.
Look forward to meeting more of you.

Return to “General Discussion”