Icewolf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
• Black Lions
• Junior Officer

Re: Mapping competition

Postby Icewolf » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:07 am

@Big_rat
No, there is no restriction. You can submit some of your past levels too.
However cooking up something new, based on past experience/feedback is worth of considering.

@Skywarp
You can be contestant or judge, you need to decide. Personally I'm curious about your level building skills and I would like you to submit your level(s), but it's up to you.

I'm thinking about setting restriction up to 2 levels in each category per contestant as maximum. We don't want to end up checking 100+ levels (exaggerating a bit maybe but still it could be a nightmare with few dozens)
Be advised that it could end up as one per category maximum.
Final contest ruleset will be released after I got feedback from senior officers.

EDIT:
DMD posting probably will be mandatory since the levels must be final and freely available for the public so private dropbox storage isn't good enough to make it public.
After the contest we will create Hall of Fame download section on the Rangers page to move best levels there.
Maestro
Captain
Captain
• Black Lions
• Event Manager
• Game Manager
• News Manager
• Senior Officer

Postby Maestro » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Here's my first stab at a distributable feedback form. Right now it's a fillable .pdf; I took a screen grab for forum upload purposes, but can confirm that the fields all work properly. Should be a jiffy to convert to a Google Forms linkable form if that's preferred.
Attachments
JudgeForm1.PNG
Form Preview
"You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long" - Boris Yeltsin
Icewolf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
• Black Lions
• Junior Officer

Postby Icewolf » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:58 am

I'm not sure how to use this.

Technically it could be used by judges to be filled up for each level by every judge allright...but how would that improve voting no idea.
How about:
- leaving comment field as is
- marking all other evaluation criteria as checkboxes that way each judge could only mark(check) certain criteria if he feels it's ok or not check if it's wrong in his opinion.

Another thing is how to use it, pdf is ok but, some pdf viewer apps won't allow to input any data. We would have to find proper apps and make all judges to install it and use....not very convenient way. I'm not downloading adobe app myself, thats for sure, been there it's nightmare.
Can't use main rangers website either since there is no easy way to store any data on it except text/html as static information (non php, no access to database). Building special interface for it is overkill in this case too.
I think we (judges) could use regular email with no headache and once we got all notes from all judges we can publish the result - clean and easy imho.
Maybe regular formatted text file would do as a form which we could download, fill up and send it by email.

I'm going to officially announce the competition along with its rules this weekend.
Maestro
Captain
Captain
• Black Lions
• Event Manager
• Game Manager
• News Manager
• Senior Officer

Postby Maestro » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:29 pm

Sure, I was just brainstorming a bit regarding layout and such because I had a few free minutes. I certainly didn't mean to imply that a whole new site section for editing pdfs should be created :lol:. .txt is fine with me.

As for the evaluation criteria, I can definitely see how having them be more quantifiable would be a good thing. "Right" vs "Wrong" could be restrictive though, might a 1-5 range work better? Just a thought.

I'll cook up a new draft this weekend.
"You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long" - Boris Yeltsin
Icewolf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
• Black Lions
• Junior Officer

Postby Icewolf » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Yea 1-5 scale sounds good.

First post of this thread has been edited - it's 1st Draft of the Competition Rules
Maestro
Captain
Captain
• Black Lions
• Event Manager
• Game Manager
• News Manager
• Senior Officer

Postby Maestro » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:48 pm

Last edited by Maestro on Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icewolf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
• Black Lions
• Junior Officer

Postby Icewolf » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:35 pm

Return to “General Discussion”