Introduction

About the Rangers and Descent.
Shadow Rider
Not Active

Introduction

Postby Shadow Rider » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:47 pm

Hello everyone.
I'm new here. I played a fair bit of Descent back in the '90s. I'm no Ace, but I don't [i]entirely[i] suck. I recently got D1 & D2 (DxxRebirth) from GOG, and I have been practicing on single player mode for a few days. I've never liked the keyboard controls, so I found a way to use an Xbox controller in the game. There's a free controller mapping program called JoyToKey, that lets you assign keyboard functions to controller functions.
I used to play anarchy over the LAN with friends during my highschool years. They were actually more into Doom, but I converted them to being Descent fans. One of my friends actually got motion sickness his first time, puked all over the computer lab floor, lol, good times.
Anyways, I get that this "club" is kind of tournament style, with the scoring, teams & ranks, etc. I'm more interested in playing full anarchy, no teams or scoring, etc, just good old ship exploding, laser blasting fun. Is there any room for that here? I haven't been able to find any other multiplayer resources, just this Rangers group. Any thoughts?
Cheers
Verran
Commander
Commander
• Event Manager
• Game Manager
• News Manager
• Red Dragons
• Senior Officer

Re: Introduction

Postby Verran » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:32 pm

Maestro
Captain
Captain
• Black Lions
• Event Manager
• Game Manager
• News Manager
• Senior Officer

Postby Maestro » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:33 am

Rangers is a squad-based organization, but you are by no means obligated to play squad or team games. Anarchy and Team Anarchy are the most popular game modes, so you should be able to find what you want here. Games are often scored (played to a kill goal depending on the number of people), but you'll also be an to find purely-for-fun games too.

DCL, the Descent Champions Ladder, is the other big multiplayer group, but they're pretty much exclusively 1v1 matches but I think that's less what you want.

Hope to see you in the mines!
"You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long" - Boris Yeltsin
Shadow Rider
Not Active

Postby Shadow Rider » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:18 am

After i made this post, i got to play a few bonus games with some rangers. It was a lot of fun. I just need a bit (a lot) of practice. I'll be back for more.
Verran
Commander
Commander
• Event Manager
• Game Manager
• News Manager
• Red Dragons
• Senior Officer

Postby Verran » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:19 pm

Sweet! Hope I can play next time.

Return to “General Discussion”